The 2016 Toyota Camry was named Best Midsize Car for the Money by U.S. News and World Report
2017 Toyota Camry received the NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating
Camry received a 2016 5-Year Cost to Own Award17 and named a Best Buy Award Finalist by Kelley Blue Book
Awarded 5-Star Overall Safety Rating for 2017 from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
10 airbags, Star Safety System™ and Smart Stop Technology® all standard
Star Safety System™
Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) front seats
Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSM) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) (available on all XSE and XLE models)
Safety Connect® (available on all XLE models)
Standard backup camera
Projector-beam halogen headlights with auto on/off feature (4-cylinder gas models and Hybrid models)
Standard High Solar Energy-Absorbing (HSEA) glass; acoustic noise-reducing front windshield on all V6 and Hybrid models
Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with manual folding feature
Standard backup camera4
Standard 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support
Standard power windows with driver and front passenger auto up/down
Available Technology Package which includes: Pre-Collision System (PCS),
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Departure Alert (LDA), and Automatic High Beams (AHB)
Available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
1. Qi wireless charging may not be compatible with all mobile phones, MP3/WMA players and like models.
2. Availability & accuracy of the information provided by the navigation system is dependent upon many factors. Use common sense when relying on information provided. Services & programming subject to change. Services not available in every city or roadway. Updates may be available from your dealer at an additional cost. See Owner's Manual for details.
3. Hill-Start Assist Control is designed to help minimize backward rolling on steep ascents. It is not a substitute for safe driving judgment and practices. Factors including grade, surface conditions and driver input can all affect whether HAC will be effective in preventing a loss of control. See Owner's Manual for details.
4. The backup camera does not provide a comprehensive view of the rear area of the vehicle. You should also look around outside your vehicle and use your mirrors to confirm rearward clearance. Environmental conditions may limit effectiveness and view may become obscured. See Owner's Manual for details.
5. The Pre-Collision System is designed to help reduce the crash speed and damage in certain frontal collisions only. It is not a collision-avoidance system and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, driver input and road conditions. See Owner's Manual for details.
6. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is designed to assist the driver and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving practices. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as weather, traffic and road conditions. See Owner's Manual for details.
7. Lane Departure Alert is designed to read lane markers under certain conditions, and provide visual and audible alerts when lane departure is detected. It is not a collision-avoidance system or a substitute for safe and attentive driving. Effectiveness depends on many factors. See Owner's Manual for details.
8. Automatic high beams operate at speeds above 25 mph. Factors such as dirty windshield, weather, lighting & terrain limit effectiveness requiring driver to manually operate the high beams. See Owner's Manual for details.
9. Do not rely exclusively on the blind-spot monitor. Always look over your shoulder and use your turn signal. There are limitations to the function, detection, range and clarity of the monitor. See Owner's Manual for details.
10. Do not rely exclusively on the Rear Cross-Traffic Alert system. Always look over your shoulder and use your mirrors to confirm rear clearance. There are limitations to the function, detection, range and clarity of the system. See Owner's Manual for details.
11. Apps/services vary by phone/carrier; functionality depends on many factors. Select apps use large amounts of data; you are responsible for charges. Apps & services subject to change. See Toyota.com/entune for details.
12. All the airbag systems are Supplemental Restraint Systems. All airbags (if installed) are designed to inflate only under certain conditions and in certain types of severe collisions: typically, frontal and knee airbags inflate in frontal collisions, side torso and side curtain airbags inflate in side collisions and roll-sensing curtain airbags inflate at a severe roll angle or roll rate. To decrease the risk of injury from an inflating airbag, always wear seatbelts, sit upright in the middle of the seat as far back as possible and do not lean against the door. Do not put objects in front of an airbag or around the seatback. Do not use a rearward-facing child seat in any front passenger seat. The force of an inflating airbag may cause serious injury or death. See your Owner's Manual for further information/warnings.
13. Smart Stop Technology operates only in the event of certain contemporaneous brake and accelerator pedal applications. When engaged, the system will reduce power to help the brakes bring the vehicle to a stop. Factors including speed, road conditions and driver input can all impact stopping distance. Smart Stop Technology is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving and does not guarantee instant stopping. See Owner's Manual for details.
14. 2017 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.
15. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov).
16. View U.S. News Best Cars at www.usnews.com/cars.
17. 2016 model-year vehicle's projected cost to own for the initial five-year ownership period is based on the average Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own data which considers depreciation and costs such as fuel and insurance. For more information, visit www.kbb.com.
18. The Smart Key system may interfere with some pacemakers or cardiac defibrillators. If you have one of these medical devices, please talk to your doctor to see if you should deactivate this system.
19. The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Toyota is under license. A compatible Bluetooth enabled phone must first be paired. Phone performance depends on software, coverage & carrier.
20. Concentrating on the road should always be your first priority while driving. Do not use the hands-free phone system if it will distract you.
21. Whiplash Injury Lessening front seats can help reduce the severity of whiplash injury in certain rear end collisions.
22. Contact with the response center may not be available in all areas. Service Agreement required. A variety of subscription terms available; charges will vary. See Toyota.com for details.
23. Covers normal factory scheduled service for 2 years or 25K miles, whichever comes first. Roadside assistance does not include parts and fluids, except emergency fuel delivery. See Toyota dealer for details and exclusions. Valid only in the continental U.S. and Alaska.
24. For more information, visit Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.