Corolla offers a robust selection of attractive convenience features, including a 6.1-inch (or 7-inch) touch-screen display with integrated backup camera and steering wheel controls for audio, Multi-Information Display, Bluetooth® hands-free phone, voice-command, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), and Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/ SA).
Eight airbags - includes driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, front seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag, front passenger seat cushion airbag, and side curtain airbags
Star Safety System™
Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) seats
Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) - Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), Auto High Beams (AHB), Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
Multi-Informational Display (MID)
7-in. high-resolution touchscreen display (Std on XLE, XSE, Special Edition, SE (6MT); available on LE, SE (CVT), LE Eco)
HVAC control panel and vents
Steering wheel controls added for TSS-P1 functionality
New Interior Color Choices
SE mixed media colors: Vivid Blue and Orange Zest
Two new exterior colors include Galactic Aqua Mica (221) and Falcon Gray Metallic (1G2).
Front & Rear Redesign: to provide updated styling and more differentiation between LE and SE grades
The ('16) Corolla received a 2016 5-Year Cost to Own Award from Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com
2016 Corolla was named a SmartChoice Maintenance Costs winner by IntelliChoice
1. Drivers should always be responsible for their own safe driving. Please always pay attention to your surroundings and drive safely. Depending on the conditions of roads, vehicles, weather, etc., the system(s) may not work as intended. See Owner's Manual for details.
2. The TSS Pre-Collision System is designed to help avoid or reduce the crash speed and damage in certain frontal collisions only. It is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, driver input and road conditions. See Owner's Manual for details.
3. The Pedestrian Detection System is designed to detect a pedestrian ahead of the vehicle, determine if impact is imminent and help reduce impact speed. It is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, size and position of pedestrians, driver input and weather, light and road conditions. See Owner's Manual for details.
4. Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist is designed to read lane markers under certain conditions. It provides a visual and audible alert and slight steering force when lane departure is detected. It is not a collision-avoidance system or a substitute for safe and attentive driving. Effectiveness depends on many factors. See Owner's Manual for details.
5. Automatic high beams operate at speeds above 25 mph. Factors such as dirty windshield, weather, lighting & terrain limit effectiveness requiring driver to manually operate the high beams. See Owner's Manual for details.
6. Dynamic Laser/Radar Cruise Control is designed to assist the driver and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving practices. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as weather, traffic and road conditions. See Owner's Manual for details.
7. 2016 model-year vehicle's projected cost to own for the initial five-year ownership period is based on the average Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own data which considers depreciation and costs such as fuel and insurance. For more information, visit www.kbb.com.
8. 2016 IntelliChoice, www.IntelliChoice.com; Compact Passenger Car. Based on 2016 model year study.
9. Whiplash Injury Lessening front seats can help reduce the severity of whiplash injury in certain rear end collisions.
10. Covers normal factory scheduled service for 2 years or 25K miles, whichever comes first. Roadside assistance does not include parts and fluids, except emergency fuel delivery. See Toyota dealer for details and exclusions. Valid only in the continental U.S. and Alaska.
11. All the airbag systems are Supplemental Restraint Systems. All airbags (if installed) are designed to inflate only under certain conditions and in certain types of severe collisions: typically, frontal and knee airbags inflate in frontal collisions, side torso and side curtain airbags inflate in side collisions and roll-sensing curtain airbags inflate at a severe roll angle or roll rate. To decrease the risk of injury from an inflating airbag, always wear seatbelts, sit upright in the middle of the seat as far back as possible and do not lean against the door. Do not put objects in front of an airbag or around the seatback. Do not use a rearward-facing child seat in any front passenger seat. The force of an inflating airbag may cause serious injury or death. See your Owner's Manual for further information/warnings.
12. The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Toyota is under license. A compatible Bluetooth enabled phone must first be paired. Phone performance depends on software, coverage & carrier.
13. The backup camera does not provide a comprehensive view of the rear area of the vehicle. You should also look around outside your vehicle and use your mirrors to confirm rearward clearance. Environmental conditions may limit effectiveness and view may become obscured. See Owner's Manual for details.
14. May not be compatible with all WMA/MP3 players and like models.
15. iPod is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. All rights reserved.
16. Advanced Voice Recognition capabilities vary by head unit.
17. Concentrating on the road should always be your first priority while driving. Do not use the hands-free phone system if it will distract you.
18. Always drive safely, obey traffic laws & focus on the road while driving. Siri is available only on iPhone 4s, or later iPad w/Retina display, iPad mini, & iPod touch (5th gen.) & requires Internet access. Siri is not available in all languages or all areas & features vary by area. Some Siri functionality & commands are not accessible in the vehicle. Data charges may apply. See Apple.com & phone carrier for details. Siri is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.'s.
19. Availability & accuracy of the information provided by the navigation system is dependent upon many factors. Use common sense when relying on information provided. Services & programming subject to change. Services not available in every city or roadway. Updates may be available from your dealer at an additional cost. See Owner's Manual for details.
20. Be sure to obey traffic regulations and maintain awareness of road and traffic conditions at all times. Apps/services vary by phone/carrier; functionality depends on many factors. Select apps use large amounts of data; you are responsible for charges. Apps and services subject to change. See toyota.com/entune for details.
21. SiriusXM services require a subscription after a 3 month trial period. Subscriptions governed by SiriusXM Customer Agreement available at SiriusXM.com. If you decide to continue your SiriusXM® service at the end of your complimentary trial, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates unless you call 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. Fees and programming subject to change. Available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States and D.C.
22. HD Radio Technology manufactured under license from iBiquity Digital Corporation U.S. and Foreign Patents. HD Radio and the HD, HD Radio, and "Arc" logos are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corp
23. Apps/services vary by phone/carrier; functionality depends on many factors. Select apps use large amounts of data; you are responsible for charges. Apps & services subject to change. See toyota.com/entune for details.
24. The engine immobilizer is a state-of-the-art anti-theft system. When you insert your key into the ignition switch or bring a Smart Key fob into the vehicle, the key transmits an electronic code to the vehicle. The engine will only start if the code in the transponder chip inside the key/fob matches the code in the vehicle's immobilizer. Because the transponder chip is embedded in the key/fob, it can be costly to replace. If you lose a key or fob, your Toyota dealer can help. Alternatively, you can find a qualified independent locksmith to perform high-security key services by consulting your local Yellow Pages or by contacting www.aloa.org.